Instead of demonstrating one makeup look this year for the 'holiday season' as the Americans call it, I decided to do two - transforming the first look into another. These are both perfect for any occasion over the festive period - the first is more suited to Christmas Day, family dinner or a shopping day. The second being more suited to New Year's Eve or a Christmas party. It is up whoever wears either of these looks though so I recommend thinking outside the box - if you're reading this blog long enough, you will know that I would quite happily wear look number two on Christmas morning !
I also filmed a tutorial as always so I'd love if you could also give this a look and subscribe !
1. So for the first look, you can begin by applying foundation, concealer, etc. if you would like a more 'polished' look for the special occasion - I really just applied it to my under eye circles and one or two spots after applying eye makeup.
2. I began the main look, by using Maybelline Fit Me concealer in shade 15 as a primer over my lids and around my eyes.
3. Then using the Catrice Absolute Nude palette, I applied the first two shades from my lids up to the browbone. Next, I started contouring using the third shade from the centre of my lids outwards - repeating this step also on the crease.
4. For a change, I used the second shade from the right on my outer corners. It's quite a dull brown and can make your makeup look quite untidy but it appeared quite well with this.
5. After combing and filling in the ends of my brows using a 17 eyebrow pencil, I took the Essence longlasting eye liner pen and used it to line my lids, winging it out as always - you could skip this step for a subtler look. I finished the eye makeup off with the Catrice Glamour Doll waterproof mascara.
6. Finally I took an Essence Good Girl Bad girl purple lipstick in the shade 01 it wasn't me ! and dabbed it over my lips. It created a beautiful colour yet it was still quite subtle.
1. Finishing off from the first look, we're taking the third shade again but this time we are going to apply it all over our lids and crease.
2. Next we are taking the second shade from the right again and taking it to the centre of our lids outwards. This time we're finishing off with the darkest shade to the right of it, blending it over our outer corners and lower lashline.
3. Finally, we're taking the purple lipstick again and this time we can go as heavy as we like !
Thank you so much for reading this post ! If you try either of these looks please do tell me and I'll talk to you soon with more festive content !